In years 9, 10 and 11 students receive 8 lessons per fortnight, usually with one teacher. Students learn the same 6 main topics which are developed further in each year. Pupils will sit three 1.5 hour exams at the end of year 11, either in a foundation or higher tier. Those in top set will also be given the opportunity to sit the “Level 2 Qualification in Further Mathematics” to smooth transition from GCSE to A-level maths.
Parental advice - The school recommends the use of MathsWatch:
1. MathsWatch vle.mathswatch.co.uk. Note new login process below.
- Login: pupils school email address e.g. Joe Bloggs would be email@example.com
- Password for students that started prior to November 2019: moulton2019
- Password for students that started from November 2019 will be the students email address.
The MathsWatch site provides excellent interactive learning and is a great revision source to prepare students for their exams. There are many ways to find what they want by using the search/filter boxes, selecting clip number, by grade or by topic.
2. Use of Google drive: loads of fantastic resources to help success in the exams
- Students first need to ensure they are logged into their schools gmail account.
- Next they need to go into Google drive – shared with me
- Sets 1 and 2: “Maths GCSE 2019-20 Higher resources”
- Sets 3A,3B, 4: “Maths GCSE 2019-20 Foundation resources”
GCSE Revision guides are also available for £2.50 from the maths office.